Scott Keniston, Winterport, ME
Larry Barnes, Wiscasset, ME
George Eyerer, Newburgh, ME
Tom Gagne, Yarmouth, ME
Native northern goshawk
What is falconry?
Falconry is the pursuit and capture of wild quarry, in its natural state and habitat, utilizing a trained raptor.
What is the MF&RC?
The Maine Falconry and Raptor Conservancy is dedicated to preserving the art and practice of falconry, as well as educating the public on the conservation, management, and ecology of raptors and the quarry we pursue.
Other goals of the Maine Falconry and Raptor Conservancy:
- Disseminate information to interested members.
- Promote the public image of falconry by encouraging programs of public education, scientific study, and habitat conservation, which advance the welfare of falconry and birds of prey.
- Represent the interests of its members with state and federal wildlife agencies regarding regulations affecting the art and practice of falconry.
- Improve the qualifications and abilities of falconers through high standards of practice, experience, ethics, conduct, and achievement.
- Promote the North American Falconers’ Association (NAFA) as an organization by making its membership mandatory for all members of the Maine Falconry and Raptor Conservancy.
If you would like to learn more about falconry in Maine or the MF&RC please contact Scott Keniston at (207) 223-4689 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org.